SEC. 69-47-17. Applications for certification.
(1) Applications submitted under this chapter shall be in writing on a form prescribed by the department.
(2) A separate application shall be submitted for each farm, farm unit, processing plant, distribution facility or retail operation.
(3) Applications and verification documents shall be submitted to the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce.
(4) The department shall authorize retailers and distributors to use the Mississippi certified organic mark upon satisfactory completion and approval of a department application form.
(5) All applicants entitled to use the mark shall be subject to inspection by the department.
SOURCES: Laws, 2000, ch. 600, § 9, SB2559, eff from and after July 1, 2000.