SEC. 5-8-5. Registration statements; filing; contents; length of registration period; effective date of registration; termination of registration; forms.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in Section 5-8-7 of this chapter and in addition to reports required by Sections 5-8-9 and 5-8-11 of this chapter, every lobbyist and every lobbyist's client shall file a registration statement with the Secretary of State within five (5) calendar days after becoming a lobbyist, becoming a lobbyist's client or beginning to lobby for a new client. The filing of every registration statement shall be accompanied by the payment of a registration fee of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) to the Secretary of State. The lobbyist shall file the registration statement and pay the fees to the Secretary of State for each lobbyist's client whom the lobbyist represents.
(2) The registration statement shall include the following:
(a) The name, address, occupation and telephone number of the lobbyist;
(b) The name, address, telephone number and principal place of business of the lobbyist's client;
(c) The kind of business of the lobbyist's client;
(d) The full name of the person or persons who control the lobbyist's client, the partners, if any, and officers of the lobbyist's client;
(e) The full name, address and telephone number of each lobbyist employed by or representing the lobbyist's client; and
(f) A statement or statements by the lobbyist and lobbyist's client indicating the specific nature of the issues being advocated for or against on behalf of the lobbyist's client, with sufficient detail so that the precise nature of the lobbyist's advocacy is evident from the statement itself.
(3) Registration shall be valid for one (1) calendar year, commencing January 1 and ending December 31 of each year. If the lobbyist or lobbyist's client shall register after January 1, the registration shall be effective upon actual receipt by the Secretary of State and shall cease on December 31 of each year.
(4) A lobbyist or lobbyist's client may terminate his registration by filing an expenditure report required under this chapter. Such report shall include information through the last day of lobbying activity. The termination report must indicate that the lobbyist intends to use the report as the final accounting of lobbying activity.
(5) The Secretary of State shall prescribe and make available to every lobbyist and lobbyist's client appropriate forms for filing registration statements as required by Sections 5-8-1 through 5-8-19 of this chapter.
SOURCES: Laws, 1994, ch. 469, Sec. 3, eff from and after January 3, 1995 (the date the United States Attorney General interposed no objection to the addition of this section).