SEC. 33-15-309. Director to administer; state agencies to comply; state held harmless in connection with certain project applications; director's annual report as to trust fund; presentment to Department of Finance for payments from trust fund.
(1) The director shall administer this acticle and shall have the authority to adopt reasonable rules and regulations to effectuate the purposes of this article.
(2) A state agency, when requested by the director in accordance with Section 33-15-11 (b)(7) or 33-15-11 (c)(2) and current executive orders, shall render services and perform duties within its areas of responsibility necessary to carry out the purpose of this article.
(3) Each project application executed between a local agency and the director pursuant to subsection (4) of Section 33-15-313 shall contain a provision under which the local agency agrees to hold the state harmless from damages due to the work for which funds were allocated.
(4) Before the convening of the Legislature each year, the director shall submit a written report to the Governor and the Legislature relating to the operation of the trust fund.
(5) When certified by the director, requests for reimbursements, advances or final payments from local or state agencies shall be presented to the Department of Finance and Administration for payment out of the trust fund.
SOURCES: Laws, 1993, ch. 412, Sec. 5, eff from and after July 1, 1993.