SEC. 41-22-5. Authority of state board of health.
The board is authorized to:
(1) Develop standards for determining eligibility for care and treatment under this program;
(2) Assist in the development and expansion of programs for the care and treatment of persons suffering from hemophilia, including self-administration, prevention and home care and other medical and dental procedures and techniques designed to provide maximum control over bleeding episodes typical of this condition;
(3) Extend financial assistance in order to provide diagnoisis of and treatment for persons suffering from hemophilia and other related hemorrhagic disorders in obtaining blood, blood derivatives and concentrates and any other such necessary medical, surgical, dental, hospital, outpatient clinic service, rehabilitation or may participate in the cost of blood processing to the extent that such support will facilitate the supplying of blood, blood derivatives and concentrates and other efficacious agents to patients with hemorrhagic disorders.
(4) Employ all necessary administrative personnel as may be provided in its budget to carry out the provisions of this chapter; and
(5) Promulgate all rules and regulations necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter.
SOURCES: Laws, 1974, ch. 340, Sec. 3, eff from and after passage (approved March 14, 1974).