SEC. 49-19-31. [Joint Study Committee on Foresty.]
(1) There is hereby created a Joint Study Committee on Forestry in Mississippi. The committee shall study and make recommendations, including recommended legislation regarding the Forestry Commission, coordination of forestry policy, the coordination of overlapping conservation practices by state agencies, the seedling shortage and other matters related to the forestry industry.
(2) The committee shall be composed of the following members:
(a) The Chairman of the Senate Forestry Committee, Chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, and two (2) members of the forestry committee appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
(b) The Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee and three (3) members of the agriculture committee appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(c) The Chairman of the Senate Forestry Committee and the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee shall serve as co-chairs of the committee.
(3) The members of the joint committee shall be paid from the contingent expense funds of their respective houses in the same manner as provided for committee meetings when the Legislature is not in session and shall obtain the approval of their respective management committees for per diem and travel expense expenditures of the committee.
(4) The committee shall utilize clerical and legal staff employed by the Legislature and may utilize any assistance made available to it by any state agency.
(5) Upon presentation of its final report the committee shall be dissolved.
SOURCES: 1997 Laws, Chapter 597, Sec. 2, SB2544, Effective July 1, 1997.