SEC. 73-24-13. Duties and powers of State Board of Health.
(1) The board shall administer, coordinate and enforce the provisions of this chapter, evaluate the qualifications, and approve the examinations for licensure under this chapter, and may issue subpoenas, examine witnesses and administer oaths * * *.
(2) The board shall adopt such rules and regulations, not inconsistent with the laws of this state, as may be necessary to effectuate the provisions of this chapter, the practice of occupational therapy in this state, and may amend or repeal the same as may be necessary for such purposes, with the advice of the council. Such rules and regulations shall be adopted in accordance with the provisions of Section 25-43-1 et seq., Mississippi Code of 1972.
(3) The board shall conduct hearings and keep such records and minutes as are necessary to carry out its functions. It shall provide reasonable public notice to the appropriate persons as to the time and place of all hearings authorized under this chapter in such a manner and at such times as it may determine by the board's rules and regulations.
(4) The board shall investigate alleged or suspected violations of the provisions of this chapter or other laws of this state pertaining to occupational therapy and any rules and regulations adopted by the board; for this purpose, any authorized agents of the department shall have the power and right to enter and make reasonable inspections of any place where occupational therapy is practiced, and may inspect and/or copy any records pertaining to clients or the practice of occupational therapy under this chapter.
(5) The conferral or enumeration of specific powers elsewhere in this chapter shall be construed as a limitation of the general functions by this section.
SOURCES: Laws, 1988, ch. 451, § 7; Laws, 2001, ch. 424, § 5, SB 2343, eff from and after July 1, 2001.
PREVIOUS VERSIONS: Pre-2001
Chapter Index | Table of Contents