SEC. 75-31-419. Acts prohibited.
Sections 75-31-1, 75-31-3, 75-31-5, 75-31-6, 75-31-7, 75-31-9, 75-31-11, 75-31-13, 75-31-15, 75-31-17, 75-31-19, 75-31-21, 75-31-23, 75-31-25, 75-31-27, 75-31-29, 75-31-31, 75-31-33, 75-31-35, 75-31-37, 75-31-39, 75-31-40, 75-31-41, 75-31-43, 75-31-45, 75-31-47, 75-31-49, 75-31-51, 75-31-53, 75-31-55, 75-31-57, 75-31-59, 75-31-61 and 75-31-63, Mississippi Code of 1972, which provide for the regulation of milk and milk products by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce, are repealed.
The following acts or omissions are prohibited:
1. The purchase or receipt of cream for butter making purposes except on the basis of grades as provided in section 75-31-401 hereof.
2. The failure to maintain a price differential between grades as provided in section 75-31-401, or the failure to post in a dairy products plant or cream buying station the current prices paid for butterfat, according to grade or the failure to show posted prices on a check stub, or statement delivered to patron, except in case of farmer's cooperatives where prices are determined only at the close of each pool period.
3. The grading by an unlicensed grader of any lot of cream.
4. The improper or incorrect grading of any lot of cream by a licensed grader.
5. Knowingly offering or exposing for sale of unlawful cream for butter making purposes, or for human consumption.
6. The purchase, possession or acceptance of unlawful cream for human consumption.
7. The failure on the part of any licensed grader to make or keep such records as are required of him by the commissioner of agriculture and commerce.
8. The possession by the owner or operator of a creamery or of a cream buying station, or of a cream route vehicle of any graded cream which is unlabeled or falsely labeled.
9. The fraudulent manipulation of weights of milk or cream, or the improper sampling thereof, when such milk or cream is bought on the butterfat basis, or for manufacturing purposes.
10. The falsification of any records required in the purchase of milk or cream bought on the butterfat basis, or for manufacturing purposes.
11. The operation of any cream buying station or creamery, or cream route vehicle in an unsanitary condition or the conduct of such cream buying station or creamery or cream route vehicle in a manner whereby milk, cream or butter may be contaminated within the meaning of this article.
12. The wilful obstruction or hindrance to any official inspection made by the commissioner of agriculture and commerce, or his agents or inspectors in the enforcement of this article.
13. The removal or defacement of any tag or tags, label or labels as herein required which have been attached to a receptacle containing cream.
14. The handling or transportation of cream contrary to the provisions of this section.
15. The operation of a creamery, or cream buying station, or cream route vehicle without obtaining license as herein provided. This enumeration of prohibited acts shall not be construed to exempt the violator of any other provisions of this section from criminal responsibility.
SOURCES: Codes, 1942, Sec. 4570; Laws, 1936, ch. 292. Repealed by Laws 1999, Ch. 439, Sec. 2, eff. July 1, 1999.