SEC. 77-3-453. Public Service Commission to regulate; application of article; hours of operation; use for purpose of inducing purchase of goods or services prohibited; exceptions.
(1) The connection of automatic dialing-announcing devices to a telephone line is subject to this article and to the jurisdiction, control and regulation of the Public Service Commission.
(2) No person shall operate an automatic dialing-announcing device except in accordance with this article. The use of such device by any person, either individually or acting as an officer, agent or employee of a person or corporation operating automatic dialing-announcing devices, is subject to this article.
(3) No person shall operate an automatic dialing-announcing device to place a call which is received by a telephone in this state during the hours between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. Central time zone.
(4) No person shall operate an automatic dialing-announcing device to place a call which is received by a telephone in this state for the purpose of persuading, inducing or encouraging the person called to purchase any type of product or service.
(5) This article does not apply to any automatic dialing-answering device which is not used to randomly or sequentially dial telephone numbers but which is used solely to transmit a message to an established business associate, customer or other person having an established relationship with the person using the automatic dialing-answering device to transmit the message, or to any call generated at the request of the recipient.
(6) The Public Service Commission may determine any question of fact arising under this section.
SOURCES: Laws, 1989, ch. 436, Sec. 2, eff from and after July 1, 1989.