SEC. 79-11-213. Preparation of list of members entitled to notice of meeting and members entitled to vote at meeting; list to be open for inspection; court may order inspection and copying of lists.
(1) After fixing a record date for a notice of a meeting, a corporation shall prepare an alphabetical list of the names of all its members who are entitled to notice of the meeting. The list must show the address and number of votes each member is entitled to vote at the meeting. The corporation shall prepare on a current basis through the time of the membership meeting a list of members, if any, who are entitled to vote at the meeting, but not entitled to notice of the meeting. This list shall be prepared on the same basis and be part of the list of members.
(2) The list of members must be available for inspection by any member for the purpose of communication with other members concerning the meeting, beginning two (2) business days after notice is given of the meeting for which the list was prepared and continuing through the meeting, at the corporation's principal office or at a reasonable place identified in the meeting notice in the city where the meeting will be held. A member, a member's agent, or attorney is entitled on written demand to inspect and, subject to the limitations of Sections 79-11-285 (c) and 79-11-291, to copy the list, at a reasonable time and at the member's expense, during the period it is available for inspection.
(3) The corporation shall make the list of members available at the meeting, and any member, a member's agent, or attorney is entitled to inspect the list at any time during the meeting or any adjournment.
(4) If the corporation refuses to allow a member, a member's agent, or attorney to inspect the list of members before or at the meeting (or copy the list as permitted by subsection (2) of this section); the chancery court of the county where a corporation's principal office (or if none in this state, its registered office) is located, on application of the member, may summarily order the inspection or copying at the corporation's expense and may postpone the meeting for which the list was prepared until the inspection or copying is complete and may order the corporation to pay the member's costs (including reasonable counsel fees) incurred to obtain the order.
(5) Unless a written demand to inspect and copy a membership list has been made under subsection (2) of this section prior to the membership meeting and a corporation improperly refuses to comply with the demand, refusal or failure to comply with this section does not affect the validity of action taken at the meeting.
SOURCES: Laws, 1987, ch. 485, Sec. 57, eff from and after January 1, 1988.